Association Workers Compensation

Community associations have unique insurance needs since they function as not-for-profit entities. One common question for HOA board members is whether the association needs workers’ compensation insurance. This is a particularly difficult question for associations that do not have employees, such as those that only have volunteer board members with an external management company.

The association needs to work with McDaniel Insurance, a specialist in HOA policies to ensure board members, committee members and volunteers are covered under workers’ compensation. Otherwise, in most cases, workers’ comp only covers paid employees.

Workers compensation can be included in your community’s risk management portfolio with a competitive premium. The policy is available through McDaniel Insurance for Homeowners Associations (HOAs), Condominium Associations (COAs), Townhome Associations, and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) in Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana and Florida. 

Contact McDaniel Insurance, your community association insurance specialist, to provide your condo or homeowner association with the customized, comprehensive coverages. Call 502.909.0920 or email